It is well known that a large part of the world’s population suffers from this agonizing disease without knowing its causes. Everything is due to our diet and to the wrong combination of consumed foods.
Below we will present the symptoms, then a set of recommendations and remedies. All those written below are recommendations made by people dealt with acid reflux as well as by specialists.
What you should avoid (foods and habits):
– Avoid taking meals or snacks 3 hours or less before bedtime
– Don’t lay down in bed less than 45 minutes after taking the meal
– Smoking and alcohol – are among the main causes of acid reflux
– Coffee – as little as possible
– Stay away from too much processed food, fried food and especially fast food
– Avoid hot spices
– Tomato sauces and the very acidic combination on pizza: sauce and cheese
– Fruit juices (which are very acidic) – Only the alkaline fruits are accepted
– Carbonated juices will be completely removed
– Do not consume water during meals
– Milk is not an option – it is very acidic – like everything that goes into the dairy category
– Eat slowly and chew the food properly. Acid secretion will be reduced and the stomach will digest food more easily.
– Avoid fat-rich food
If acid reflux occurs during night, try to lie down on the left side because gastric juice is “held” under the area where the stomach communicates with the esophagus, which reduces reflux.
Solutions and remedies
Stir the food until it reaches a liquid consistency – it helps digestion a lot.
Eat slowly, without rushing.
Consume alkaline juices based on many green leaf vegetables.
Drink 2-3 liters of water a day.
Exercising. You do not have to go to the gym, but even fast walking is enough.
Barley juice and especially wheat can help you enormously because it is alkaline and removes acidity due to neutralizing process.
Consumption of ripe apples (peeled) reduces acidity.
2-4 tablespoons of Aloe Vera juice a day can do miracles. Drink it at the first sign of acid reflux – it’s good for the stomach and an immune system enhancer. This juice can treat ulcer and any other stomach affection.
When discomfort occurs, dissolve 1 tablespoon of baking soda in half a glass of water and drink the mixture slowly. You will see an immediate improvement.
Eat raw almonds and you will see that the situation is immediately remedied.
Raw cabbage juice can help a lot. For fast results, combine it with raw potato juice.
Drink warm water and lemon juice in the morning on an empty stomach. Drink it 30 minutes before any meal and you’ll balance the pH level.
Bananas consumption will immediately reduce the discomfort.
The correct combination of food is very important and must be strictly observed.
Marigold tea – Add 2 tablespoons of marigold to one liter of cold water and boil for 15 minutes. Drink no more than 3 cups per day for a maximum of 2 weeks. Do not repeat the treatment earlier than 6 weeks. The plant is not indicated to those with hypertension.
Macerated raisin root – use the root of the plant: put 1-2 teaspoons of raisin root in a cup of cold water and let it macerate for 12 hours. Drink one cup a day for 3-4 weeks.
Ginger tea – Add a spoonful of grated ginger root in a cup of hot water. Infuse it for 10-15 minutes, strain it and drink 3 cups a day.