Strawberry legs are small dark dots on the legs which look pretty much with strawberry seeds, but they actually are hair follicles or enlarged pores that are fill with trapped bacteria, dirt or dead skin cells.
What causes the appearance of strawberry legs?
Shaving with old and dull razors is the main reason why these small and dark spots appear.
Clogged pores or open comedones can turn black after they are exposed to the air due to bacteria, dead skin and debris trapped in them.
Dry skin can fasten the symptoms of strawberry legs. If you have dry skin you are more prone in developing strawberry legs, especially after shaving.
Fortunately, the symptoms of strawberry legs can easily be banished with the help of some natural remedies. However, you should pay attention to the razor you’re using – it’s better to use a new one for each shaving in order to avoid the appearance of strawberry legs.
1. Use Baking Soda For Strawberry Legs
- Begin by making a paste by mixing a tablespoon of baking soda and one teaspoon of water together.
- Apply this paste to the affected area on your leg.
- Allow it on for about 3-5 minutes.
- Thereafter, rinse on with cold water to help you get rid of strawberry legs.
- You can also add in one tablespoon of ground oatmeal.
- This will add more texture to the paste and make it more effective.
- Repeat the process every day.
2. The Next Step Is To Use Aspirin
- Begin by taking two capsules of aspirin and mash them up.
- Mix this with some water.
- Apply this paste to the affected leg and allow it on for about 2-3 minutes.
- Rinse off thereafter.
3. And The Final Step Is To Moisturize Your Legs With Coconut Oil
- All you need to do is to mix together a few drops of coconut oil and sandalwood oil.
- Thereafter, apply on your leg and gently massage for about 5 minutes.